In a quick chat with the Executive Chef, Partha Chakrabarti of Marigold Hotel, Rajat Bigghe wrangles out the recipe for Duck and Chicken Roulade.
Executive chef, Partha Chakrabarti of Marigold Hotel shares one of his signature dishes that he loves to prepare. His advice – be patient when making a Roulade, it’s a delicate procedure that requires care.
Chicken mince 100 gms
Duck mince 100 gms
Garlic 30 gms
Five spice powder 5 gms
Chilly flakes ½ tsp
Fresh herbs 5 gms
Soya sauce 1 tbsp
Ginger 10 gms
Spinach 100 gms
Olives 5 gms
Baby carrots 30 gms
French beans 25 gms
Sugar 10 gms
Salt 1 tsp
Pepper ½ tsp
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Garlic 50 gms
Bouillon 6 cubes
1. Trim the minced duck meat. Season it with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Put the ground chicken in a large bowl, stir in the red onion, five spice, garlic, parsley, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, soy sauce and a bouillon or meat stock cube. Season with salt and pepper.
3. For the roulade – spread the mix on a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a two-inch gap from the edges. Roll it up and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
4. When sufficiently chilled and firm to touch, the roulade is ready.
5. Bring this back to room temperature at least 30 minutes before cooking.
6. Preheat the oven to 165 Degrees Celsius.
7. Place the roulade parcel, seam side up on a baking sheet on the center rack of the oven.
8. Cook for about 45 minutes and save any juices that accumulate.
9. Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
10. Open the foil, pour juices into a bowl, and place the meat onto a cutting board, cut the meat into ¾ inch thick slices.
11. Drizzle the juices over the cuts of meat and serve.
Chef, Partha recommends serving this roulade accompanied by spinach sautéed in garlic olive oil, baby carrots boiled in salted water and potatoes wedges sprinkled with chilli flakes.