Ayushi Arora meets a few home chefs and brings to you some easy to prepare recipes for Republic Day for family and friends.
Tiranga Idlis by Chef Priti Goenka from FoodCloud.in
Rava (semolina) 1 cup
Yogurt 2 cups
Green chillis 2
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Udad dal 1 tsp
Curry leaves Few
Spinach puree 6-8 tbsp
Carrot puree 6-8 tbsp
Ghee 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Chop the green chillies finely. Puree the spinach and carrot and set aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan. Season with mustard seeds, udad dal and curry leaves.
3. Add the finely chopped green chillies. Fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the semolina and fry on medium to low heat until cooked. (Around 5-7 minutes)
5. Remove from the flame and let it cool.
6. Whisk the yoghurt. Add the yoghurt and salt to the semolina. Mix well and keep for 15 minutes.
7. Separate this into three portions. To one add the spinach puree and the carrot puree to the second. Leave the third portionas it is.
8. Pour a spoonful of each mixture into the compartments of the idli vessel, and steam for 8-10 minutes.
9. Serve with chutney of your choice.
Tiranga Sandwiches by Home Chef Seema Dhawan
Bread 6 slices
Cheese slices or boiled eggs 6
Carrots 2 (grated)
Green peas 1 cup (boiled and mashed)
Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cut the sides of the bread and cut diagonally until they resemble triangles
- For the sauce mixture mix mayonnaise, tomato sauce and salt in a bowl
- Spread a very thin layer of sauce mixture followed by the mashed peas, bread, a thin layer of sauce mixture, cheese slices or chopped egg and finally bread again.
- Next, spread the top of the sandwich with a thin layer of sauce mixture topped with grated carrots.
- Serve this with sauce and potato wafers.