Food blogger Madhavi Kadaba shares her recipe of homemade Rava laddu with Priyanka Ray.
Semolina/rava 1 cup
Coconut ½ cup (grated)
Sugar ¾ cup
Clarified butter/Ghee 4 tbsp
Milk 4 tsp
Cardamom pods 3
- Grind the sugar and cardamom to a fine powder and set aside.
- In a pan, heat two tbspn of ghee and fry the cashews and the raisins. Set aside.
- In the same pan add a tbspn of ghee and fry the freshly grated coconut till it turns pale brown. Remove it and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee and fry the rava till it turns light brown.
- Now add the coconut, powdered sugar, milk, fried cashews and raisins to the rava mixture. Let it stand for five minutes.
- Roll into small balls or laddoos with your palms.
- If the mixture is dry, add a little more milk.
Madhavi Kadaba blogs at madhusindianrecipes.blogspot.in